Saturday 24 November 2012

Schindler's List

Schindler's List is a film I watched a little while ago and I've decided to write about it because it's a miserable day today and the theme song really compliments laying in front of a fire curled up under a blanket. I must've listened to it 10 times today. The song really is beautiful, here's a youtube link to it if you're unfamiliar with this outstanding piece of art;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZs9uksEnho&feature=fvst

The film itself is also outstanding and a pleasure to watch with plenty of historical context about the Holocaust and some of the concentration camps in Poland. For me, it really hit home since I've been to Poland to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau but I didn't get time to visit Oskar Schindler's factory. It was an eye-opening experience I will never forget. The film just reminded me of some horrors I previously forgot, like Amon Goeth. It's a very sad film but well worth a watch if you aren't a bit weak and sensitive when it comes to gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment