Sunday 11 November 2012

Work and Wishing

I work in a small cafe at a garden center but I'm basically disposable and it's really aggravating  Like today. I should be working, earning money for Christmas presents instead I'm left practically unemployed. If someone tries to make plans with me on a Sunday I'll turn it down for work and then I get laid off for the week and it's really growing thin.

People say I should look elsewhere for work but it doesn't feel like in this economic climate, I'm likely to snag another job, possibly closer to Christmas but it'd be too late then.

Am I being ungrateful? Mabye. But I was told a month ago that I'd have no work for the month, and a month before that I was told my job was secure. I'm really tired of being exploited like this and my hopes dashed over and over. I have a pretty expensive lifestyle with all the shopping and the gigs but I hate working and my job (when I actually work) is quite easy and I get free food. The money isn't bad for the few hours I do also.

I would really like these:


so I hope I get some work soon. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment