Friday 31 May 2013

Film Review: The Hobbit

I thought it was purely fantastic, magical and amazing. The cast was star studded, the special effects were dapper and the plot was perfect. What's not to love about this cute guy Martin Freeman?

It was the first instalment of J R Tolkien's The Hobbit, with another two to come. It's a prequel to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and follows Bilbo Baggins of Bag-End as he partake a in "an unexpected journey."

I thought that the acting was first class although Gollum scared me slightly but I found his lines humorous; "Give us a chance!" I was, however, disappointed to find that Benedict Cumberbatch only appears as a shadow as the Necromancer when I was expecting all of the cheekbones when I saw he was in it. I'll just have to hope he has a bigger part (oo-er) in the next ones.

When I get the time I'm definitely going to read the book. Does anyone have a review on it? If so I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment