Saturday 15 June 2013

Film Review: Never Let Me Go

What on Earth was going on in this film? I don't think I've ever seen a dystopian science fiction drama film and I have to say, it was a weird experience. It was an emotive film but at times I felt it was tedious and hard to follow and often found myself on its Wikipedia page to follow somethings I found unclear.

It has a great cast, including Andrew Garfield, Keira Knightly and led by Carey Mulligan (who was good in this but I thought she was average in The Great Gatsby). The tainted love triangle keeps the viewers yearning, although it's nothing new.

In the film, it's revealed that the main characters are clones, being reared to donate organs. It's a novice idea to me so it was slightly more interesting. It also raised an important question of why are some people more important, which I thought was cool.

Neverletmegoposterquad.jpg

Would I recommend it? Possibly if sci-fi romances are your thing. It was a nice film with pretty good acting and I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment