Tuesday 4 June 2013

It's your choice

As a teen, it's very hard to accept myself and my body so I don't. I weigh too much and am too fat. I try work out and I play a lot of netball. I also eat very healthily but snack a fair amount. It seems impossible that I'll ever slim down and I so desperately would like to. I understand a lot of women feel like this and that isn't right. If anyone should be masters of their bodies it should be women. Society has made us feel fat and ugly and it's a real shame. Sometimes when I look in a mirror I am actually disgusted at myself. Here's me next to my slim petite friend;





But that changes when I'm in the gym. I feel prettiest when I sweat. To others I suppose I look sweaty and gross but I'm happy. It's a confidence boost for a little while. I really adore this 


It's great to be healthy. People (including myself) need to stop focusing on being skinny and focusing on being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment