Tuesday 6 August 2013

Skins

I'm sorry it's been so long BlogSpot. Truth is...I've just been busy doing nothing. But my laptop is broken so that's kind of my excuse. I've also been heavily absorbed in the old series of Skins. Skins is a show about Bristolian youths drinking, having sex and doing drugs. It doesn't sound so great from that synopsis but it can teach teenagers a lot.

There have been 3 generations, with no more to follow as the last ever British episode aired last night (snivels) and each have stand out characters and interlinking plot lines. Each series follows a year at Roundview college.
Skins series 1 boxset.png Skins series 2 boxset.png
 Each main character has their own episode where you learn more about them, their home life and their troubles. Generation one was great and featured Cassie who's story was continued in the last series.

Skins series 3 boxset.png 

Generation two was my favourite. They seemed to have the most troubles and I thought JJ Jones was adorable.

 

Generation 3 was so-so but I enjoyed it. My favourite character was Rich the metalhead who learns that you can love someone who is extremely different from yourself.

 

And finally, series 7. The end of the road for all the characters. I was extremely dissapointed with this series. In Effy's from generation 2, we see 2 other characters from the series, without a mention of her murdered boyfriend. In Cassie's, there's no mention of anyone and the whole thing seems pointless. In Cook's there's one reveal but little else. I wanted to know how JJ was but nevermind.

I'd recommend Skins to anyone, but make sure you have free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment